2012-07-16

* Upcoming Shows: Ri Ra First Friday Art Walk Kick-Off Event + Art On The Porch

I am excited to announce that I am participating in two upcoming art shows and will have matted and framed photographs for sale.  Featured are photographs of Peaks Island, Casco Bay, Portland, and other locations, but all within Maine.  Right now my focus is outdoor photography that celebrates the beauty of the mountains and ocean in this great state.  I'll admit, living on an island, I am fascinated with the ocean, so you may see more water and wave pictures!  Below you'll also find some info on visiting me on the island, if you can't make the two shows, as well as details on the Peaks Island Art Walks.


Ri Ra First Friday Art Walk Kick-Off Event
Friday, August 3, 2012
2 - 5pm, Upstairs at Ri Ra
For more info, call 207.761.4446


A mouthful, I know, but it should be fun!  If you receive the Ri Ra e-newsletter, you may have seen the little blurb announcing it in their "Summertime at Ri Ra!" issue.  Fellow islander and jeweler Cynthia Mollus arranged this fantastic event with manager Darcy at Ri Ra -- the first of its kind -- and I am honored she asked me to participate.  Cynthia's jewelry, Peg Astarita's pottery, my photographs, and a few other island artists will be located upstairs at Ri Ra from 2 - 5pm.  So swing by before you head out on the town for the Art Walk, grab some delicious grub and a brew from the pub, and check out some local Peaks Island artists and show your support for local art.




Art On The Porch
Sunday, August 12, 2012
For more info, call 207.766.3330
For ferry schedule, Casco Bay Lines

This is my first year participating in this annual art and craft show, one of the best on Peaks. Almost 40 island artists are featured and the creativity and talent is fantastic.  It reminds me how special Peaks Island is for fostering such an artistic community. There will be burgers and dogs at Art On The Porch, but if you're looking for more, Lisa's Cafe right off the boat, the Cockeyed Gull, and the Inn on Peaks + Shipyard Pub are other tasty joints. Leslie Davis might have her delicious Lobster On The Roll cart open across from the Inn, too. Come spend the day on Casco Bay, walk or bike the island, and support local artists!




Whitney J. Fox Photography Island Avenue Studio
Most Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
10am - 4pm, weather permitting
For more info, email whitney@whitneyjfox.com or call 781.492.7069

If you can't make either of events above, come visit me on the island!  This past Memorial Day weekend kicked off my first summer of displaying and selling my work outside of my little home and studio.  I had talked about wanting to mat and frame photos for years, and finally did it.  The response has been great and I appreciate all the support from fellow islanders and buyers of my work.  It makes me happy to know an image resonates with you so much that you would want to hang it on the wall in your home.  Quite the privilege -- thank you!  I set up shop out front of my house at 12 Island Avenue, right next to the Peaks Island House (off the ferry, walk up the hill of Welch Street, take first right onto Island Avenue, I'm located about 150 feet down on the right).  My lovely and talented landlords have Peaks Beads, jewelry and sea glass inspired creations, and they set up right next to me in front of their home, which is the old Shooting Gallery.  Setting up my shop is unfortunately weather dependent and also based on my schedule, which varies a little bit.  So if you plan to visit Peaks, please feel free to contact me directly to see if I'll be open or we can schedule a special viewing appointment.  I can also ship framed and matted prints.



While I am generally not here for these Saturdays and off photographing a wedding for emilie inc., these Art Walks are a fun way to see the island and the many artists working and residing here.  Many folks are happy to hear from visitors at any time though, not just on these Art Walk days, so feel free to contact them directly to find out their additional studio hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment