2012-07-11

* emilie inc.: Wedding of Amanda + Mike at bride's family home in Cape Elizabeth, Maine

I had the pleasure of being the second photographer for Amanda and Mike's wedding at Amanda's family home in Cape Elizabeth.  (On a funny side note, I have to point out that this is the third Michael in a row that I have photographed for emilie inc.!)  This meant I got to hang solely with the groom and guys before the ceremony and focus on different details and moments that the lead photographer does not.  Working with Denise was great, though I must admit I had to get used to looking at a wedding day from a different perspective.  Couples often only hire one photographer and I usually shoot solo (I know Denise shewed me out of her frame a couple times!).  That said, in other ways, it isn't that different to photograph as a second.  You still strive to document the big day and capture meaningful moments or the special little details.  Second shooting mostly highlights the fact that there is always something to photograph and that being a second photographer you're helping to document more thoroughly the emotion and spirit of the day for the couple and their families.  However I look at it, it was a fantastic challenge for me, and I loved every minute of it.  Making the commitment of marriage is a huge life moment and celebrating it with a wedding day is important to the couple.  Photography is often times the only tangible thing left after the day, so I can see how two photographers captures just that little bit more for couples to look back on years into their marriage.

Please visit the emilie inc. blog to see and read more from Amanda and Mike's wedding day.

 

 

 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment