2013-06-19

* Mark your calendars! PeaksFest this weekend + more...

Mark your calendars for upcoming art events on good ol' Peaks Island that I will be participating in and selling my photography at throughout the summer and into the early fall (three events are listed below).  Treat yourself or find a gift for a friend or family.  At the very least, just stop by and say hi!  Hope to see you there!


Click here for the Casco Bay Lines summer ferry schedule to Peaks Island, Maine.


PEAKSFEST... this weekend!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 21-23, 2013
Various times and locales on Peaks Island, Maine
For more info, visit http://peaksfest.webs.com
Whitney J. Fox Photography + Peaks Beads Studios at 10 + 12 Island Avenue

This weekend is the 12th Annual PeaksFest.  Fortuitously, I am not away shooting a wedding -- pleasantly surprised that I can be on the island for this.  So on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I will be set up with my photos in front of my house, alongside my landlords who have Peaks Beads, jewelry and sea-glass inspired creations.  Off the boat, walk up the hill, take your first right onto Island Avenue, and we're down the block on the right.  Come check us out!

The full schedule is below.  Feel free to print off and bring it with you so you don't miss anything throughout the weekend.








PEAKS ISLAND ART WALKS... this summer!
Varied days, 10am-4pm,  weather permitting
Whitney J. Fox Photography Studio
12 Island Avenue, Peaks Island, Maine
For more info, email whitney@whitneyjfox.com

This will be my second summer participating in these art walks.  While I am often away shooting on weekends, I set up shop outside in front of my house as often as I can, so I'm not limited to just these dates.  If my schedule and weather permit, I set up.  Please feel free to contact me if you are visiting the island and curious if I will be set up or if you have any other questions -- whitney@whitneyjfox.com.

To make the most of your Peaks Island visit, I highly recommend checking out the other island artists as well, walking the island loop (about an hour if strolling slow), and grabbing a drink at the pub, lunch at our various establishments, a sweet treat from the candy and ice cream shop -- or all three!  Like myself, many of the artists' studios are open additional hours and not just limited to these dates, so feel free to contact them for additional information.

Print off this handy art walk map below for your tour around the island.





ART ON THE PORCH... this August!
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Fifth Maine Regiment Museum
45 Seashore Avenue, Peaks Island, Maine
For more info, call 207.766.3330

This is my second year participating in this awesome local art show!  Last year was so much fun and I am thankful I received such great encouragement.  Come check out dozens of artists and support their work on Sunday, August 11th at the Fifth Maine.  I guarantee you will leave with some beautiful goods you won't be able to resist saying no to!





No comments:

Post a Comment