2012-03-08

* Pink Initiative + Paula Learner's passing

I was shocked and saddened to learn of photojournalist Paula Lerner's passing on March 6, 2012 after a long battle against breast cancer. Eerily, my fellow photographer and mentor from emilie inc. photography, Emilie Sommer, posted an infographic about breast cancer on her blog that same day, reminding us why her non-profit Pink Initiative is so important. I feel lucky to have crossed paths with Paula while working at Aurora Photos where she was a contributor and to have experienced an amazing Aurora Photographers Retreat with her on the shores of Sebago Lake a few years ago. I remember attending a PJ talk in Massachusetts and chatting with her briefly, her passion and drive to tell the stories of those Afghan women without a voice was evident and inspiring. I could tell she was a force doing good things. I have no doubt her spirit will live on. My thoughts and prayers go out to Paula's family.



As Em encourages, please pass this Pink Initiative link or infographic along to friends, family, and loved ones as a reminder of how breast cancer, sadly, affects so many people, but that awareness alone can help save lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment