2012-03-19

* Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day!

Some folks somewhere in this world -- maybe in South Boston and London, Ontario -- are still recovering from their St. Patrick's Day festivities. My brother lives in Southie, but visited Peaks for the weekend to avoid the craziness, and when he and my father rolled back into town later last night, they said people were still stumbling around, roaming the streets. I had actually forgotten it was the day, until I bumped into a friend at 10am on Saturday who said he was late to meet folks at RiRa (a.k.a. my home-away-from-home, because it's next to Casco Bay Lines and they have stellar staff). He was supposed to be there at 7am! The motherly instinct in me yelled "Be safe, be careful!" as he scurried off to begin partying, reveling in the fact that the holiday provided an excuse to start drinking before noon. I celebrated by working at Sugarloaf Mountain, where I do childcare on the weekends, attended a fun, happy Donovan Frankenreiter show, and skied slushy bumps in 70 degree weather all weekend (let's just hope the snow lasts a couple more weeks)! Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day! I pulled a few night shots from my archive of local Irish establishments RiRa and Brian Boru shot in 2008 and 2009. Both have very cool murals on their exterior walls. Portland, in general, has some cool artwork on buildings, which is an ongoing subject I'm exploring and will post more of. Night photography is also another ongoing subject that I will post about.

SIDE NOTE: I am trying to shoot and post recent images as well as some older shots from the vaults. Honestly, most all of my archive just sits on my hard drives. I find with digital I shoot and shoot, but then they never see the light of day. My goal of blogging regularly that began this past December forces me to actually do something with these images, which is a good thing. While I don't want to live in the past per se, editing them forces me to critique my own, older work and challenges me to make newer, hopefully better pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment