2012-12-03

* Singles: Homemade Lasagna

I was looking for a meal that would last me the week.  I like to cook in the beginning so I can reheat meals for the upcoming days.  I do not do well or make wise choices when I come home hungry, so I need to prepare ahead of time if I can.  Hannigan's Market on Peaks Island is only open until 8pm, so there is no running out for last minute things as I typically get home after that.  

I pretty much followed the recipe on the Trader Joe's box of lasagna noodles.  I rummaged in my freezer for other items and added a package of frozen spinach and meatballs to each layer.  I topped with fresh mozzarella slices and tomatoes, Maine Sea Salt, and  fresh cracked Stonewall Kitchen Pepper (as always!).  Feel free to contact me, if you want more specifics.  I even impressed myself.  Remember, cooking is a relatively new thing for me, so it's probably the second lasagna attempted in my life.  It was delicious!  Good comfort food.  Try baking your own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment