2012-10-17

* emilie inc.: Wedding of Sarah + Billy at the Inn on Peaks

Sarah's mom, Anita, recently sent me one of the most heartfelt notes about her daughter's wedding and how I captured it for them.  It was another reminder why I love what I do and why my job is so important.  I told her, for me there was a definitive moment at Sarah and Billy's wedding.  I was trying to wrangle folks, including Sarah, for some additional posed group shots during the reception.  She and I were standing amidst happy guests dancing away at the Inn on Peaks when she turned to me and said, "Just capture the day."  I love that she realized why I was really there.  She trusted me wholly to document her wedding day as a true observer; these moments I collect made to be tangible when placed in an album that rests in a special place in their home.  Years into their life together, the moments will in turn reach out and touch she, Billy, her family and friends.  The moments will trigger emotions and take them back to their celebration, that at the time, seems to pass in the blink of an eye.  It is my job that I am honored to do for families.  I can't tell you how happy I am that my images and my way of documenting Sarah and Billy's day have already allowed them, Anita, and others to relive their wedding just a short month after the big day.  To know they will look back on them 20 years from now, when the images will almost carry more importance, makes my heart smile.

Please visit the emilie inc. blog to read more about their wedding day and view additional images.























No comments:

Post a Comment