2014-07-21

* emilie inc.: Yanica + Leah's Elopement at Coburn Park in Skowhegan, Maine

I have a hunch that Yanica and Leah are folks I'll keep in touch with for a long time.  They planned an intimate wedding (including the couple, I was guest #8!) at the home of Yanica's Colby College mentor Joe, located in Skowhegan, Maine. The ceremony took place across the street at Coburn Park, a lush little sanctuary filled with beautiful trees.  Joe's reading had tears streaming down Yanica's cheeks right from the start.  The two wrote their own vows, raw words that spoke to the love and friendship that has bonded these two over the last seven years after meeting at a kids camp they both worked at.

Yanica and Leah were thoughtful with their planning, even for such a small wedding, which I loved seeing.  All along the way, through a Skype call, office meeting, emails, texts, and phone calls, I really felt included in their wedding day.  They choose to have the ceremony be small and just something they could do for each other and share this big moment together, before a larger celebration in Brooklyn the weekend after with about 60 friends and family.  Leah joked as I was leaving, they weren't even out of their wedding dresses and they were talking babies already!  Somehow the conversation had quickly turned to this topic and they were scheduling me to photograph their yet-to-be little ones :)  Love it - I'm excited to think that I'll get to be there every step of the way, documenting their family as it grows.

Yanica and Leah, thank you so much for including me in your wedding day.  It was so special to be there and your friends and family were so warm and inviting.  Have a blast on your honeymoon in Costa Rica this December!  That gives Yanica some time to get used to buzzing bugs and nature :)

Please visit the emilie inc. blog to read more about how Yanica and Leah met.


















No comments:

Post a Comment