2012-08-22

* emilie inc. + Joya Beauty

Em surprised the emilie inc. ladies with a trip down to Joya Beauty, and it was such a treat.  Me, makeup, and pooches -- unexpected fun!  Joanne McDonough has done my makeup before, but I think I was apprehensive.  Not because of her tremendous skills, but my own reservations and discomfort in makeup.  I rarely wear it and don't really feel myself in it.  Both times, Joanne made me feel comfortable with this.  I think this second time was even more fun, because I personally embraced the experience more, relaxing and allowing myself to channel my inner beauty queen -- ha, far from that.  Joanne patiently and kindly understands my issues, but she and I alike were surprised at my willingness.  Like a mama bear seeing her cub leave the den for the first time, I was happy I made Joanne proud!  I have even squirreled away her makeup application tips.  The eye makeup was surprising -- with my Asian features and no eyelids to speak of, I have a natural fear of eye shadow, but Joanne helped me through that!  Ladies and brides, I highly recommend Joanne for your wedding day or any other celebration that you just want to feel and look extra special for.  If she put me at ease, she will absolutely do the same for you.  Gents, go in for a mini-massage from her -- I didn't want to leave the table.  Joanne tested the airbrush makeup on us, and I approve.  My face is not as tan as my arms, so she used it to even my color out.  Additionally, the day was humid as all heck, I bouldered at the Maine Rock Gym (I monitor there, so folks know what I look like every day, and they said I looked good and natural), went for a short bike ride once home on Peaks Island, and the makeup lasted well into the night.  Now I just need a celebration to attend for Joanne to work her magic!

Please visit the emilie inc. blog to read and view more on our surprise trip to Joya Beauty!






1 comment: