2012-06-04

* Peaks Island Art Walks

This is the first year I am participating in the Peaks Island Art Walks.  While I myself won't be present (I am booked photographing weddings), some of my photos will be on display and available with Skip and Andy Davis' Peaks Beads.  They have very cool sea glass window pane mosaics and beautiful jewelry.  I will have both framed and matted photos there.  I am located at 12 Island Avenue and Peaks Beads is next door at 10 Island Avenue.  If there is ever a photo you see on my site or elsewhere that interests you and you do not see it at one of my displays, please feel free to contact me directly at whitney@whitneyjfox.com to discuss.  Throughout the summer and fall, I will be setting up my shop when my schedule and weather permit, but if you plan a visit, feel free to email me ahead of time to see if I will be open.

Peaks Island has such a wonderful art community that is quite expansive considering we are a fairly tiny island.  I think island life cultivates creativity.  Many of us seek refuge here, despite the obvious parameters.  As many of my friends know, much of my life is dictated by a boat schedule, but I have decided I would rather take a 20 minute boat ride over a 20 minute car ride.  My parents have also come to love the island, buying a home here almost two years ago.  Their boat anxiety has lessened considerably and they now spend more time on the island than at their other home in the South End of Boston.  For me, I think this island community balances my life's scales.  I feel centered and calm when I am at home on the shore's edge overlooking Casco Bay and, on a clear day, Mt. Washington.  Many of my friends are always pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy the trip to Peaks is and yet they feel far away from the mainland hustle and bustle.  So come visit for one or all of the Peaks Island Art Walks this summer, support the community, and enjoy a slice of island life for the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment