2012-01-18

* Cuyahoga Valley National Park in northeast Ohio

I really only saw a glimpse of Cuyahoga Valley National Park when visiting a friend recently in Ohio. It was a quick drive through the park area near Akron, but covered some ground. The fresh snowfall made for a festive wintry feeling, which has been lacking this season in both Ohio and Maine. I'm sure there are some good summertime hikes through this park.

Visiting as many state and national parks in this country is sort of on my bucket list. Like doing the Appalachian Trail -- I bought a map of the AT when I did some exploring in Shenandoah National Park in the Front Royal, VA area this past September and have it hanging in my kitchen as inspiration to do it. Climbing Mt. Katahdin in Baxter State Park, Millinocket, Maine this summer really planted the seed as it is the northern terminus for the AT. Part of Sugarloaf Mountain, where I work, is on the trail, too, and continues north near my place in Stratton, Maine. I know a few folks who have hiked the entire trail, and I commend them for such a feat! I'm also a bit envious, because I have a feeling I'll only continue to hike the trail in random chunks!

(I will be posting photos from Katahdin and Shenandoah, too!)





















No comments:

Post a Comment