2011-12-22

* Reid State Park in Georgetown, Maine

Happy Official First Day of Winter!!! I know I just posted snowy goodness on Morse Mountain, and I still wish for the white stuff to dump, but I can't help but still equally love summer in Maine. Reid State Park in Georgetown, Maine so gorgeous that I had to keep this many photos in my edit! The waves and undertow are strong; lifeguards were on duty. There is plenty of beach to relax on and hot sand to sink your toes into (I nearly burned the skin off mine this day!). I love how the dunes rise above your head and the rocks fall right into the ocean. If you need a place to stay, the Pryor House bed & breakfast is in nearby Bath, Maine. It is absolutely adorable and serves up a delicious family-style breakfast in the morning. Bath has a nostalgic feel to me with a plethora of antique shops to peruse. So add Reid State Park and the Pryor House to your To Do List for next summer -- you won't regret it.









The Pryor House bed and breakfast in Bath, Maine.



A little pool on the opposite side of the dunes where the kiddos can safely wade in the water.












Lifeguards keeping a watchful eye over the busy beach.






My new beachfront property!


On a brief break from frantically digging holes in the sand like a honey badger. This kid was on a mission.


















My friend Kevin: Old Guys Rule.






A view from the front...




... a view from the back. Both are gorgeous.








Bring your lunch to enjoy the seaside picnic table area with amazing views of Sheepscot Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment