2011-10-29

* Eastern Mediterranean: Rome, Italy

Enjoyed a family trip to the Eastern Mediterrean in early November. We hit Rome, Italy; Taormina, Sicily; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; and Chania, Crete. I will be posting each separately. Here are some sights from our night in Rome...





My brother in the airport in Germany. I couldn't decide which one to post, so I put both. Sorry, I just love the graphic nature of the shots and the reflections.



My brother and father in the airport in Germany.


The very nice Empire Palace Hotel in Rome, Italy where we enjoyed a night.





The cool courtyard restaurant in the hotel that my room overlooked.



Exterior of the restaurant La Locanda di Bacco, where we had the most delicious Italian food. Mushrooms were in season when we went, so I ordered the pasta dish pappardelle with mushrooms. The best I've had in my life.



On a walk the next morning, a vehicle-lined side-street near our hotel and a more major-street lined with orange trees (that appeared to have seen better days!).



An art sculpture in the center of a round-about in downtown Rome (Pietro Consagra, Giano Nel Cuore Di Roma, 4-10-1997).



Old and new: Roman architectural sculptures and motorbikes.



Rihanna and Armani were everywhere in Rome.



Rome's habor pilot boat speeding along the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment